Find the perfect wine pairings
for Mother’s Day brunch and Father’s Day barbecue
Toronto, April 13, 2012 – A new free mobile application will change the way that parents feel appreciated this May and June. Adult offspring eager to please their parents can find the perfect wine matches for Mother’s Day brunch and Father’s Day barbecues on the Wine Picks & Pairings: Natalie MacLean app.
“Please stop buying your parents soap and neckties; they’re just being polite when they say ‘thank-you dear’,” pleads Natalie MacLean, editor of Ontario’s largest wine site at www.nataliemaclean.com. “You can still be Mommy’s or Daddy’s little helper even though you’re all grown up. Give them a terrific bottle of wine that you can share as you cringe at those old vacation photos together.”
Under the Pairings tab of the wine app, you’ll find Natalie’s top 5 matches for Mother’s Day Brunch:
1. Spanish omelette with Pinot Grigio
2. Spinach and bacon quiche with Sauvignon Blanc
3. Crepes Suzette with Icewine
4. French toast and raspberries with Champagne
5. Smoked salmon and cream cheese on bagels with Pinot Noir
Natalie’s top 5 wine matches for Father’s Day barbecue:
1. Seared Pepper Steak with Shiraz
2. Planked Salmon with Riesling
3. Flame-Broiled Hamburgers with Zinfandel
6. Grilled Chicken with Chardonnay
9. BBQ Pork Chops with Merlot
The new Wine Picks & Pairings app is the next generation of Natalie’s mobile app, and is the only Canadian wine app featured on Apple’s iTunes store under App Essentials for “Apps for Foodies” and “Pocket Sommelier.” The app is also available for Android and BlackBerry. Other smartphones can access the mobile site. Those who don't have a smartphone can still browse thousands of wine reviews and pairings to create custom shopping lists on the web site.
The app’s key features allow you to:
- Instantly access tasting notes, scores, prices, recipes and food pairings via a point-and-click bar code scanner
- Search 150,000 wines at the LCBO and other wine retailers across the country
- Find out how many bottles of each wine are in stock at the LCBO you’re in as well as nearby stores via GPS real-time inventory search
- Track your purchases in your virtual cellar log with just a few clicks or add them with one click of the bar code scanner
- Create a wine journal with your own wine notes and pictures in the app
- Create custom shopping lists for special occasions and favourite wines
- Share your wines and pairings on Twitter and Facebook
You can download the app for iPhone and iPod Touch, Android and BlackBerry. Other smartphones can use the mobile site.
Natalie MacLean is the Ontario author of Red, White and Drunk All Over and Unquenchable: A Tipsy Search for the World’s Best Bargain Wines, which Amazon chose as one of the Best Books of 2011. She connects with more than 135,000 wine and food lovers who get her free e-newsletter. Natalie is the only person to have won both the M.F.K. Fisher Distinguished Writing Award from the James Beard Foundation and the M.F.K. Fisher Award for Excellence in Culinary Writing from Les Dames d'Escoffier International. She was named the World’s Best Drinks Writer at the World Food Media Awards. More bio bunk here: www.nataliemaclean.com/bio.
Connect with Nat on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn, YouTube and Google +.