Sunday, November 20, 2011

Bananarama

Could any girl who grew up in the 80's, watched the Karate Kid over and over and over again, and dreamed daily of Ralph Macchio while singing Cruel Summer resist making this drink?  Yeah.  I didn't think so.
Bananarama
adapted from 400 Blender Cocktails
makes 2

2 bananas
2-4 Tbs. freshly squeezed lime juice
1/4 c. confectioners' sugar
4 oz. white, amber, or dark rum
6 ice cubes

Blend everything in the blender on high speed.  (Start with the lesser amount of lime juice and add more to taste.)  Pour into glass and serve.  I garnished with a few banana slices.

2 comments:

Natashya KitchenPuppies said...

It would be a very Cruel Summer indeed if I didn't have one of these! Or fall, or winter....
I need me a bananarama! Breakfast of champions. ☺

Pierce said...

This makes me want to run to the market immediately for bananas. You really know how to roll!

What a fun drink and I can think of no better way to get my potassium than a few of these bad girls.