Saturday, September 3, 2011

Achievers Enjoy Russians...The Black and White Variety

I’m an achiever ….that’s right. So is my husband and son. A house of achievers. What on earth am I blathering about now…..well, we are fans of the movie The Big Lebowski.



Actually, pretty much anything written by the Coen Brothers – love their movies. One thing you can count on seeing repeatedly in The Big Lebowski is a Caucasian, firmly plugged into The Dude’s hand, his mustache dripping with the White Russian’s creamy goodness every sip he takes. We watched it again a few nights back and, as usual, howled through the scenes, throwing back a couple of white and a couple of black Russians.


[being forced into a limousine]
The Dude: Hey, careful, man, there's a beverage here!



White Russian (also called a Caucasian): 2 parts vodka, 1 part coffee liqueur (such as Kahlúa) and 1 part cream. Served with ice in a low ball glass.

Black Russian: 2 parts vodka, 1 part coffee liqueur Served with ice in a low ball glass. (Just leave out the cream)

*We actually use half-n-half

This movie is obviously not for everyone….we all have different tastes, and I know the F-Bomb offends some. If that’s the case, take a pass on the movie but by all means, mix up a nice Caucasian sometime and relax. Don’t worry about the calories because …you just can’t when you make a few of these.



The Dude: Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

If you'd like to read more Lewbowski related info check me out at Squirrel Head Manor.

Cheers!

7 comments:

~~louise~~ said...

Cheers! I knew I tracked you down for a reason. LOVE every single thing there is to love about this post and more...

Have a GREAT weekend. Stay safe...

Natashya KitchenPuppies said...

I love it! Delicious.
I have actually never seen The Big Lebowski - but I have heard it is hilarious. My son did a song about Jeff Bridges - http://www.youtube.com/user/ElephantsInTheRoom#p/u/5/ZqI46vZ6bzg

Cracks me up. ☺
Cheers!

Danielle said...

I'm trying to remember if I've seen this movie. If I didnt, I need to.
I've enjoyed a few "Russians" myself over the years and will be having some in the near future since I bought Kahlua the other day for a dessert recipe....that sadly only called for 1/4 cup. But now that I think of it...that's ok. Leaves more for me to drink :D

Kim said...

Ah yes, the white russian. Never had one myself, but with all the cream it certainly seems like the kind of drink I'd enjoy :)

girlichef said...

LOVE "the Dude" and LOVE White Russians =)

Kathleen said...

Yum! What great post. Love how deliciously smooth these are!

Natashya KitchenPuppies said...

I finally saw this movie, the other day with Harry.
Hilarious!
Now I keep telling him to be careful of the new carpet, it really brings the room together. ;-)