Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Win Tix to TIFF! Courtesy of California Strawberries.


When's the last time your produce took you out on the town? I thought so.

The world famous Toronto International Film Festival is just around the corner and California Strawberries has a pair of gala tickets for one lucky Puppies reader!

People who want to win tickets should:
Be at least 18 years old.
Be able to get themselves to the events (ie: live in or near Toronto).
Email me at livinginthekitchenwithpuppies AT hotmail DOT com (subject line - TIFF) or leave a comment on Cocktail Puppy stating their desire to win tickets!
* Contest closes Monday, August 29th.
* Winner will find out which film they are receiving tickets to on September 2, 2011.


Film info:
* Gala tickets are high profile film screenings at Roy Thomson Hall each evening at 6:30pm and 9:30pm and matinees on weekends during the Festival. Usually, the actors and talent are present to introduce the film and on the red carpet beforehand, but this can not be confirmed
* Opening Night will be on Sept. 9th and closing on Sept. 18th. Non-gala films are spread out amongst various theatres – there are also some great high profile films at Ryerson, VSR at Elgin, Winter Garden and various other theatres.

Excited? Me too. 

What shall we do while we're waiting? Drink!



Strawberry Muddle Cocktail
Recipe and image courtesy of the California Strawberry Commission

Have you muddled yet? This trendy technique for blending drinks creates perfectly juicy and flavorful cocktails that will delight your guests.

Ingredients

2 large or 3 small fresh California strawberries, stemmed
1/2-1 tablespoon simple syrup
2 slices lemon
6 ounces prosecco
Crushed ice
Mint leaf

Directions

In a glass, muddle strawberries to a fine pulp. Add simple syrup to taste. Place lemon slices on top of strawberries and punch out the centers, leaving rinds in glass. Gently pour in prosecco; do not stir. Layer top of glass with ice; garnish with mint.

Nutrition Information

Nutrition Information Per Serving: 178 calories; 0 g fat; 0 mg cholesterol; 1 mg sodium; 14 g carbohydrate; 1 g fiber; g protein

Makes 1 cocktail

Update:
TIFF Winner!
We had a surprising amount of local entries for TIFF tickets and the winner, chosen by random.org, is Erika K! Congratulations Erika!

6 comments:

Jen H said...

This cocktail sounds delish and I absolutely want to win tickets to TIFF!!

Pierce said...

That sounds like a grand time and I sure wish Toronto was closer. The muddle is for me!! I can use the fruit...and other stuff :-)

Cupcakes anyone? said...

I LOVE! your food blog living in the kitchen with puppies..I can relate !! Read you daily... I would love to win tickets to TIFF
I am a movie buff and it would be so exciting...my fingers are crossed!! Debora

Hamza said...

Hey Cocktail Puppies! LOVE the blog, and loved this post, Natashya. I would love to win tickets to TIFF - I'm such a huge movie nerd (guilty pleasure: cocktails with a good movie on). It would mean so much because I've lived in Toronto pretty much all my life but haven't had the chance to go to the festival so PLEASE pick me!

girlichef said...

This does sound absolutely amazing...wish I was able to get to Toronto :D

Danielle said...

Wish I could get myself to Toronto. But since I can't I'll just have to finally purchase a muddler and have myself a strawberry cocktail :)