Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Vermouth Cocktail



Vermouth Cocktail

A few nights ago my husband/bartender and co-conspirator asked if I’d like an aperitif before dinner. That’s Fancy Pants language for before-dinner-drink. (Hey…I’m not from the sophisticated cosmopolitan part of Philadelphia (I'm south of Philly!)and I do live in the rural south now). Either way, I enjoy tipping a glass back.


I’m also always willing to wet my whistle and enjoy some appies……this led me to try my first Vermouth Cocktail. An aperitif is served before the meal to stimulate appetite.

You'll need.......

1 part sweet Vermouth
1 part dry Vermouth
2 dashes of orange bitters




Add ingredients to a mixing glass of ice and stir for a few seconds. Pour into a chilled cocktail glass.

It’s a lovely start for a meal to come. Sit back and enjoy some toasted baguette, olives, whatever suits you.




Bottoms up!

3 comments:

Natashya KitchenPuppies said...

Cool! I haven't had Vermouth by itself, or mixed dry/sweet before. It always takes a backseat in martinis here. What a great way to make it shine. I am still on the hunt for orange bitters...

Pam said...

I love Vermouth so this sounds wonderful!!!!

Pierce said...

Natashya, the bitters can be expensive, I thin k we paid about $14 for a little bottle but, you don't use much so it will last a long time.

Pam, I am a lover of a vermouth cocktail !!