Monday, July 11, 2011

Sex on the Beach & a Cool Cocktail Calculator Tool

It looks like foamy surf... drifting lazily...THIS is a nice cocktail.



Before I get to the SotB cocktail, I have something to share.

If one imbibes a few cocktails during the week it’s almost a sure thing that you’ll notice a wee bit of weight gain. That being said, one can choose wisely in this department. You may indulge in a Mudslide every now and then but…some evenings, have a Mojito instead. Or Sex on the Beach more often than say…a Long Island Iced Tea.

Ya know what is good for you? Clamato. Tomatoes. Celery. And ice – well…there are zero calories in ice!

OK, we have been on a Caesar kick lately and I feel pretty smug about saying – it’s the best choice for calorie consumption in regard to other liquor cocktails. Ha!

Proof, you say? You can lower that raised eyebrow and wipe the self-satisfied look off your face. I have proof. AND I will get to the Sex on the Beach after I share a new tool with you. (Snort – I said Sex and Tool in the same sentence)

Behold the Weight Watcher Cocktail Cheat

I was on WW many moons ago and lost the weight needed. So I am still of the “points” mindset. Check this out. Open the link (above), behold the bartender and then click on Start Matching Up Drinks.

He’ll start you off with a drink and all you need to do is pull a drink down off the shelf to compare. If Mac the bartender did not start you off with a Mudslide, by all means….grab one. It’s a crazy 27 points vs. the Bloody Mary’s 3 points. See?! How cool is this toy?


Okay…ready for that Sex on the Beach cocktail?



1 oz. Peach Schnapps
1 oz. Vodka (we used Russian Standard)
Cranberry Juice
Orange Juice
Pineapple Juice

Pour the vodka, schnapps and equal parts of orange, cranberry and pineapple juice into a shaker.

Shake with ice and strain into a cocktail glass over ice.

Bottoms up!

3 comments:

Kim said...

I recently found out how many calories was in a frozen margarita and just about lost my mind. You'd never think it was filled with so many calories. Oh well, it's totally worth it.

Love sex on the beach:) And, peach schnapps smells heavenly!

Natashya KitchenPuppies said...

I am so missing my mixers while my bar is under construction! Sex on the Beach will have to be one of the first things I make.. when I can find the peach schnapps. ☺
And I assume calories are for other people.. ;-)

Danielle said...

totally cracking up at "sex and tool in the same sentence" LMAO!!! Ok...sooo I guess I have to click on the link to find out how many points this drink is? I wonder if there's a virgin version called "foreplay on the beach". (baaahahahahaaaha) Sorry...reminiscing about the days when sex on the....never mind.