Sunday, July 24, 2011

Seven More Sins


I was mislead into trying a whiskey. With honey....under the impression that it would actually taste like honey. HA!! I'm not a whiskey gal and I should've known. I'm sure Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey is a fine whiskey. I'm not a reliable source or critic here by any means but after tasting it, I knew it wasn't going to work in another drink that was brewing in my mind. Therefore I had to find something else to do with it. I mean....this lush gal can't let alcohol go to waste by any means. Lucky for me I had recently purchased a fun little book called 'Food & Wine Cocktails 2011' (and this little gem of a book also has a few fun appetizer recipes inside....SCORE!). I promptly found the Whiskey chapter and started browsing around and came across one that looked good called Seven Sins Cocktail. After digging through my alcohol cupboard (which doubles as my oils and vinegar cupboard...you can imagine the mess it's in)...I discovered that I didn't have all the called for ingredients. Being the cheapskate that I am, I refused to run out to the liquor store. But I can be stubborn. I refused to let this go. Instead of the original Seven Sins....I came up with Seven More Sins of my own.

1 oz whiskey
1 oz coconut rum
3/4 oz lemon juice
3/4 - 1 oz grenadine (depending on how sweet you like your sins...I used 1 oz)
1/2 oz amaretto
Sparkling Water (I had a mixed berry version on hand)
Ice

Combine the first 5 ingredients, pour over ice and top off with sparkling water. Once you've committed what ever sins happen to apply that day....enjoy Seven More Sins waiting for you at the edge of the pool. Trust me....you'll feel a lot better about yourself.

4 comments:

girlichef said...

Well, I am a total Whiskey girl...but I like the sound of this mixture, as well. Now, if only I had a pool...

Natashya KitchenPuppies said...

Seven More Sins - I love it!
I need my whiskey tarted up sometimes too - this is perfect!

Kim said...

I can no longer drink whiskey straight, so I love to jazz it up like this. Love the name of this one, too cute.

Pierce said...

I used to drink Bushmills in just shots....and now, clear liquor has the hold on me. Your cocktail looks quite refreshing (scribbling the recipe down for later).