Tuesday, July 26, 2011

My Patio Pleasure & French Lick in a Glass

Laziness could be called the mother of invention. It’s hot, we are home for the evening (with dinner prep started) and we wanted a cocktail. Then you discover you are out of a few ingredients ….Run back out or improvise? What do you think?

This first drink could be called a French Lick if you did not add the Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum. But I think the bartender did well with the addition. It distracted me so much that I forgot an ingredient in a dish I was preparing. *(Don’t chop and drink...dangerous combo)



1 ½ oz. Captain Morgan Parrot Bay Coconut Rum
1 ½ oz. Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum
Fill the rest of the glass with pineapple juice
Splash of grenadine


Next, using only the Captain Morgan Parrot Bay Coconut Rum and cranberry juice we would have a cocktail called My Pleasure. Well I can tell you, by modifying with spiced rum and pineapple…it was certainly my pleasure to be the taste tester.


We’ll call this one My Patio Pleasure!



1 ½ oz. Captain Morgan Parrot Bay Coconut Rum
1 ½ oz. Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum
Equal parts pineapple juice and cranberry juice




I liked both.....but the cranberry addition was probably my favorite. Okay...I'll have two more of the same! Bartender?!

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Gotta love when you have to improvise and it comes out good! I love coconut rum and the additional spiced rum makes up for the umph that coconut rum lacks.

Natashya KitchenPuppies said...

"Don't chop and drink" - Love it!
Actually, I think the booze makes me better cook. ;-)
Great looking drinks, definitely time to get my rum on, especially since I can find it now!

Kim said...

I love the names you came up with, especially patio pleasure:)

Rum is my favorite lately, especially the coconut or vanilla flavored rum.