Saturday, July 16, 2011

Cherry Basil Collins

I have a new favorite brand of vodka...Purity Vodka...so smooth and sippable.  Check out my post over at girlichef if you like, or just enjoy this far-to0-easy to drink Cherry Basil Collins made with the vodka.
Cherry Basil Collins
slightly adapted from Kathy Casey (Liquid Kitchen) via Purity Vodka  
Makes 1 cocktail

3 fresh cherries + more for garnish
1 small basil leaf + more for garnish
1 1/2 ounce Purity Vodka
3/4 ounce fresh lemon juice
3/4 ounce simple syrup*
2 ounce club soda, chilled

Drop the cherries and basil into a cocktail shaker. Press with a muddler to release the juices. Measure in the Purity Vodka, lemon juice and simple syrup. Fill cocktail shaker with ice, cap and shake vigorously. Pour drink into a Collins glass...or another type if you don't have a Collins glass (like me). Add soda water and stir. Garnish.
simple syrup: combine equal parts water and sugar in a small sauce pan. Bring to a quick boil then immediately remove from heat and cool completely.  Store refrigerated for up to one month.

4 comments:

Natashya KitchenPuppies said...

Yeah, you and Purity in the same sentence H! (Kidding!)
I haven't heard of the brand yet, sounds tasty!
And I do need to get me some cherries - this looks so inviting. ☺

girlichef said...

I do not know what you are speaking of. ;P

Pierce said...

Oh ME! (Jumping up and down) I know what...haha

Okay, wow, what a week and I finally have been able to take a look at your cocktail post. SWEET score with the vodka...man do I love clear liquors!

BE-utiful photo...wish I could sip one.

Danielle said...

YUM!!! something fun to do with my basil (love playing with homegrown basil). I've been meaning to get a muddler. This is the perfect excu...errr....reason :)