Sunday, May 8, 2011

Peachy Sangria


Here's a little cheer for all the Moms out there. A little something to sip on, while you're hopefully relaxing, doing a lot of nothing other than basking in your day.

Peachy Sangria
1 bottle of white wine (750ml)
2 oz cointreau
4 oz peach schnapps
2 cups gingerale
1/4 cup sugar
1 TB (or to taste...the clove flavor can get strong) whole cloves put in a cheese cloth pouch or tea strainer
1 cinnamon stick
1 orange, pealed and sliced
1 cup frozen peaches

Combine all ingredients in a large pitcher and allow to sit in the fridge a few hours. Remove the cloves and serve over ice.

CHEERS!

4 comments:

A Feast for the Eyes said...

I had the most refreshing peach sangria, while in Palm Springs. I've been wanting to see if I could replicate it...or at least make one just as good. Bless you! I love me some pickled peaches. :)
Happy Mother's Day!

girlichef said...

Want one! Love the freshness and brightness of this Sangria, Dani.

Natashya KitchenPuppies said...

What a perfect drink for moms! I love it. And it has fruit so it qualifies as a balanced breakfast, right? ;-)

Kim said...

I'm super crazy about anything peach-flavored, especially if it is as cool and refreshing as this. I think I could empty an entire pitcher of this!