Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Strawberry Pink Lemonade Margarita


The other day I was walking down the freezer aisle at the grocery store. I stood, waiting patiently, for the lady to get her head out of the frozen juice section so I could stick my head in there. My plan? To make a margarita.

Yes....I totally cheat and use frozen limeade when I make my margaritas.

She popped her head out and asked her man....lemonade or limeade? He said lemonade. Her had goes back in the freezer. Pops back out (my toe is tapping at this point....listen lady...I KNOW what I want....hurry up)...she asks him....regular or pink? He says pink.

Pink lemonade. It stuck in my head. I bought some. I happen to really enjoy strawberries and pink lemonade.

As a margarita.....it's fun, yummy and goes down as easy as a tropical sunset.

Strawberry Pink Lemonade Margarita

2 cups pureed strawberries (fresh or frozen)
12 oz pink lemonade
12 oz sprite (yep...it's a little fizzy too)
12 oz tequila
3 oz orange liquor

Combine, coat the rim of your glass with sugar,  and serve on the rocks.

3 comments:

Susi's Kochen und Backen said...

This sounds absolutely, positively delicious! I'm so making these Margaritas this weekend. YUM!!!

Natashya KitchenPuppies said...

Oh wow, I love this! I am totally stocking up on frozen lemonade, limeade and all good things for the summer. Thanks Danielle! ♥

girlichef said...

I'm all in...this does sound awesome. I love the bit of fizz!