Saturday, March 26, 2011

Loco Loco Mocha Mocha


During this moment in time where winter seems to have an issue about letting go so we all can enjoy the beauty of spring and the promise of summer, let's take a moment and pretend.....

We're in Hawaii....lounging in a cabana by the ocean, basking in the beautiful lush island surroundings and listening to the waves crash on the shore. We're admiring a few local surfers maneuver the curls and manage to make it look graceful and easy, as we leisurely sip our cool and refreshing Hawaiian drink....

Loco Loco Mocha Mocha


Chocolate Syrup
Chocolate Sugar
1 oz. Coconut Rum
1 oz. Kahlua
1 oz. Half and Half
1 oz. Espresso
3 oz. Pineapple Juice
Whipped Cream, Cocoa Powder to garnish.

Line the rim of a tall glass with chocolate sugar, squirt some chocolate syrup around the inside.

Fill a blender 1/3 the way with ice cubes. Add the remaining ingredients (except for the garnishes) and blend until creamy. Pour into the chocolate decorated glass. Top with whipped cream and a dusting of cocoa powder.

And continue day dreaming

6 comments:

girlichef said...

Dreaming...dreaming...dreaming...DRINKING...Dreaming....aaaaahhhh....

Um, YUM! What the heck is chocolate sugar and where can I get some!?

Danielle said...

I found some in a cute little tin at BevMo a while back and bought it cuz I knew I needed it. They have all sorts of flavored 'Cocktail Candy'. I recently bought some Pomegranate Cocktail Sugar at the grocery store. Can't wait to play with that :)

girlichef said...

Oh, how fun! I'm going to have to keep my eyes peeled next time I hit the liquor store!

Kate said...

When I finish dreaming, I am going to enjoy a tall Loco Loco Mocha Mocha!!

Natashya KitchenPuppies said...

Oh yes, that is where I need to be. Somewhere where the water isn't iced over. What a great drink!

I am currently trying to do a year's worth of grade ten science in one weekend to get my kid out of school once and for all. I need at least a dozen of Loco Loco Mocha Mochas! With beer chasers, of course. Palate cleansers really..

sanjeeta kk said...

Wow! How creative and picturesque that tall glass of Mocha look..lovely recipe.

Lite Bite