Saturday, March 12, 2011

Bloody Hot Mary


Bloody Marys are suppose to be hot, right? I've heard 'the hotter, the better'. And I can see why, if this is your morning after drink. Do you know what happens when you substitute a few ingredients for hotter versions? Lots of heat. And when you serve it in a sexy little martini glass... "That's Hot" becomes an all encompassing statement.

What did I substitute, you ask? I used Spicy Hot V8, Tabasco Chipotle Pepper Sauce, and last but not least....I didn't have any horseradish...so I added wasabi, which is a Japanese horseradish, so it's all good. And it's bloody hot!

Bloody Hot Mary

2 oz Vodka
4 oz Spicy Hot V8
1/2 tsp prepared wasabi
2 - 3 dashes Worcestershire Sauce
3 dashes Tabasco Chipotle Pepper Sauce
Pinch of salt
Pinch of pepper
Pinch of celery salt
1/4 oz fresh lemon juice
Garnish with lemon, celery, cherry tomatoes if desired

Combine all ingredients, strain over ice and serve in your favorite glass.

Cheers!

6 comments:

Natashya KitchenPuppies said...

You are talking my language here, babe - I love it hot! Awesome drink, perfect for the weekend. ☺

Kim said...

I definitely like it hot! I also think it's awesome that you used the wasabi in place of the horseradish. Looks killer.

girlichef said...

Oh yeah, i like it hot too! I sometimes use the spicy v8 and hot peppa vodka, but I think I like this better...lovin' the chipotle tabasco! Cheers ;)

roz said...

Darn! (I'd say the other word, but need to keep it clean here!).....this is one hot mary mama! Wasabi AND chipotle pepper sauce . . . . where's the fire guys? Have you ever heard of Zing Zang Bloody Mary mix? Number one seller in country...When I was in college, we had a "Bloody Mary Monday Morning Mattress Club"....and yes, that's what we had out on a deck of our sorority sitting on a mattress DRINKING! We all have our stories huh? LOL!

Ty'sMommy said...

Now THAT'S a bloody mary! I like mine HOT and this one sure fits the bill! Nicely done!

Ty'sMommy said...

Oh Roz - I didn't see your comment until just now. I LOVE ZIng Zang! I am notorious for doctoring up my bloody mary. I rarely even order one when I'm out because I'm so picky. But I found Zing Zang and I don't have to add a thing (well, unless I want it REALLY hot). It just has a terrific well rounded flavor that I've never found in a prepared mix before.