Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Michelada

Whether enjoying during the game...or the next morning as a little "hair of the dog", a Michelada is the way to go!  A Mexican drink that mixes cerveza with anything from hot sauce to lime juice to tomato juice to clamato juice, choose your favorite version and kick back with a frosty glass.  Other things are often added...I tend to think of this as the beer-drinkers answer to the Bloody Mary.  But hey, that's just my opinion.  Here's one version.
Michelada
slightly adapted from Houston Classic Mexican Recipes
serves 12ish...I prefer a smaller dose of mixer in mine

10 oz. fresh lime juice
3½ Tbs. Worcestershire sauce
½ tsp. soy sauce
10 oz. hot sauce  I used Valentina
¼ tsp. black pepper
2/3 tsp. Maggi sauce*
12 beers of choice I used Modelo Especial

Mix together all ingredients except beer.  
Pour 2 oz. of mixture (I prefer 1 oz. mixture per beer, but that's just me) into each glass and top off with one beer.  If you like it spicier, add a dash of hot sauce.  Garnish w/ lime slice.

Salud!

3 comments:

Natashya KitchenPuppies said...

I am a big fan of Caesars and Bloody Marys, I bet these would be delicious! Perfect game day fare - with extra nutrition built in! What more could you ask of a cocktail? ☺

Kim said...

I've always wanted to try one of these.

Looks yummy!

Diana's Cocina said...

Now I know this is something my husband would enjoy. Thanks for sharing.