Sunday, December 19, 2010

Winter-Spiced Vodka

This amber, glowing, golden-hued vodka is infused with the warmth of chile, cinnamon and other spices to shake off the chill on a cold winters day.  Or night.  You choose.  Throw back a shot, mix it into a Bloody Mary for an extra kick, or make a festive Martini.  It's also a fun idea for holiday gifts because stored in a cool, dark place, it will keep well for at least a year!
Winter-Spiced Vodka
makes 2 c.

1 tsp. whole coriander seeds
3 cardamom pods, bruised
½ tsp. whole cumin seed
1 cinnamon stick
1 whole dried chile
2 c. vodka

Begin by sterilizing your bottle(s) and let them cool.  Then simply slide all of your spices into the prepared bottle and pour the vodka in...either using a funnel or your fantastic free-flow skills like I did.  Because of course my funnel is lost.  Seal it.  Set it aside to steep in a cool, dark place.

6 comments:

Pam said...

As the lover of all things infused, this is going on my list!

Natashya KitchenPuppies said...

What a fabulous gift this would make! Brilliant!!!

Diana's Cocina said...

Hello! I just stubled onto this incredible, most intoxicating blog and I must say I'm in love here. You all are speaking my language! Love what you are doing here.

Cheers,

Diana

Natashya KitchenPuppies said...

Glad to meet you Diana, thanks so much!

Cheers,

Natashya

girlichef said...

Join us for a cocktail anytime, Diana!! :)

Kim said...

Warm and inviting, I could drink this one on it's own...easily. Maybe too easily.