Thursday, December 16, 2010

Scotch Holiday Sour

I don't want to give you the wrong idea, we are not always making fruity girlie drinks - although quite often we are - they just go down so darned easy!

But it is the holidays and that Scotch drinker in your life needs a little festive cocktail, man-style. Heck, Santa would probably appreciate one or two of these himself - all that milk can't be good for an old man and a little Scotch will keep him warm. Don't worry, Rudolph can drive.

Scotch Holiday Sour
from Snooth

Ingredients
1 ½ oz Scotch Whiskey
1 oz Lemon Juice
1 oz Cherry Brandy
½ oz Sweet Vermouth
1 slice of Lemon
       
Preparation
Shake all ingredients (except lemon slice) with ice and strain into an old-fashioned glass over ice cubes. Add the slice of lemon and serve. 
It's the holiday! Wrap that lemon slice around a cherry. 

3 comments:

Kim said...

I've never thought of a scotch sour before, but it does sound great. I'll take a double (it's been a long day)!

girlichef said...

Yum! Whiskey sours are one of my favorites...so I imagine this is basically the same dealio, no? Since Scotch is a Whiskey. I'm smart like that. ;) Wish I had one to warm me up for breakie. tee hee...

Natashya KitchenPuppies said...

Yep - just a fancied-up whiskey sour. Great for the holidays! After 2-3 everything will take on a rosy glow - I guarantee it! ;-)