Wednesday, December 8, 2010

After Eight Martini

And yes, thank goodness, it is always after eight somewhere. I assume they mean p.m., but I don't judge. Especially after a couple of After Eight martinis. They go down easy, pack a punch, and gosh darnit - they look fabulous. Christmassy even. Especially when you plop a red cherry in there. I'm all about the holidays. Holiday cocktails I mean. They make everything seem soft and glowy. Think I'll have another...

After Eight Martini
from The Martini Collection

1 part Vodka
2 parts Bailey's
1 part green Crème de Menthe

Pour ingredients into a shaker with cracked ice and shake well. Strain into chilled martini glasses. (Or cosmo glasses!) Garnish with a cherry.

Many thanks to the Guide to Culinary Schools for naming us the best cocktail blog!
I'll raise a glass to that. Maybe two.
Cheers!

5 comments:

Danielle said...

Ya...you had me at Bailey's!! This sounds so much better than a mint latte!! LOL.

Judy said...

This one has my name all over it. I even have all the ingredients in the Special Cupboard!

Kim said...

Hooray! Thank you Guide to Culinary Schools. A great reason to celebrate.

It's definitely after 8 here and I would love to taste one, or two, of these. Bailey's is a real favorite of mine.

girlichef said...

Oh my gosh, just the color is awesome! I'm pretty sure I need a few of these to celebrate! YUM :D

Natashya KitchenPuppies said...

"Special cupboard" I like the sound of that!
Bailey's is definitely the preferred base for Christmassy cocktails - yum!