Sunday, November 28, 2010

Creamsicles for the Adult in you


I've discovered a benefit....when you're mixing alcohol and such to match a mental flavor....well, let's just say, things get a little fun! 
Believe it or not, I purchased some orange liqueur for a bread recipe. While I was at the store, Cocktail Puppy popped into my mind and I realized I had yet to post a cocktail recipe of sorts. Well, one thing lead to another and I found myself purchasing, tequila, orange juice, heavy whipping cream and creme soda. 

I brought it all  home, and started mixing. Then I thought...hmm, someone MUST have tried this before, right? I mean...Dreamsicles, Creamsicles....these are very popular childhood desserts. And yes...there are recipes for an alcohol beverage to resemble the ever so popular popsicles. But they weren't quite the same. So....here's my version of an adult Creamsicle. It's orange, creamy, vanilla-ish...and it will kick your butt....in such a good way.


(this will make enough for about 4 - 6 cocktails...or more. Depends on how small your glass is)

12 oz orange concentrate (no pulp, defrosted)
12 oz orange liqueur (I used Patron Citronge)
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
6 oz tequila
12 oz cream soda
More Cream Soda to top off the glass

Combine the orange concentrate, orange liqueur, whipping cream and tequila...mix well. Add the 12 oz of cream soda and stir. Serve your guests or just yourself and top off the glass with a bit (1 or 2 oz) more of the cream soda.

CHEERS!!!

7 comments:

nos4nus said...

I know what I'm bring in the New Year with... Cocktail Puppy. How cute and yummy.

Natashya KitchenPuppies said...

Oh my, I am so making these! I love creamsicles - they are my favourite ice cream novelty.
And I love those glasses, especially the fact that the drink/colour goes all the way to the bottom.
Cheers! Thanks for sharing this, Danielle! ☺

Chow and Chatter said...

looks fab and great idea for a blog Natasha

girlichef said...

Awesome! Count me in...I want a few :D

Kim said...

Oh yeah! Forget sipping politely. This is a drink I could gulp down for sure.

Danielle said...

ya, these babies go down nice and smooth like...could get a girl in trouble ;)

Patti T. said...

OOooooh What a fun looking drink. I used to order these at one of my favorite beach restaurants. Hey, they could be just as tasty at a Holiday party, woo hoo.