Friday, October 29, 2010
Just in time for the Halloween weekend, a vampire-inspired Cosmo, rimmed with cherry-flavored sugar and garnished with a pair of red-waxed fangs. Whether you are hosting a party, going to a party, or staying in, this blood-red cocktail is sure to get things started.
Adapted from Dylan's Candy Bar - Unwrap Your Sweet Life by Dylan Lauren
* 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
* Red sugar ("Pucker Powder") or a cherry Pixy Stix
* 1 1/2 ounces (3 tablespoons) vodka
* 3/4 ounce (1 1/2 tablespoons) triple sec
* 3/4 ounce (1 1/2 tablespoons) cranberry juice
* Ice cubes
* Glassware: cosmopolitan glass
* Garnish: red-waxed fangs
Dip the rim of a cosmo glass into the lime juice and then dip again into the cherry-flavored colored sugar. Pour the vodka, triple sec, cranberry juice, and lime juice into a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake well. Strain into the glass and attach the wax fang to the rim.