Friday, October 29, 2010

Vampire Cosmo


Just in time for the Halloween weekend, a vampire-inspired Cosmo, rimmed with cherry-flavored sugar and garnished with a pair of red-waxed fangs. Whether you are hosting a party, going to a party, or staying in, this blood-red cocktail is sure to get things started.

Vampire Cosmo
Adapted from Dylan's Candy Bar - Unwrap Your Sweet Life by Dylan Lauren
Serves 1

* 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
* Red sugar ("Pucker Powder") or a cherry Pixy Stix
* 1 1/2 ounces (3 tablespoons) vodka
* 3/4 ounce (1 1/2 tablespoons) triple sec
* 3/4 ounce (1 1/2 tablespoons) cranberry juice
* Ice cubes
* Glassware: cosmopolitan glass
* Garnish: red-waxed fangs

Dip the rim of a cosmo glass into the lime juice and then dip again into the cherry-flavored colored sugar. Pour the vodka, triple sec, cranberry juice, and lime juice into a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake well. Strain into the glass and attach the wax fang to the rim.


Happy Halloween!

10 comments:

Natashya KitchenPuppies said...

I absolutely love it!!!! So perfect for the season - and those fangs! Too cool. Thanks for posting this, Kim! You rock. xo

girlichef said...

EEEEEK! I totally want one!

Brenda said...

Kim this is awesome! Perfect for this weekend. I love, lol!

Susi said...

Kim, I love this! The color is spectacular! I'm adding this drink to my list for this weekend :o)

Danielle said...

Oh YUM!!! but how do you drink while you have the fangs on? hahaha!! Don't tell anyone if you catch me chewing on that wax (why do kids do that?)

Cook of the House said...

These look very festive and fun. Last night at friends,we had "Beergaritas". Not very seasonal but still very yummy.

a moderate life said...

Hey everyone! I followed the link from Girlichefs site! I am a retired bartender! LOL I love this site natty very cool! Am now following and looking forward to some great drink ideas! Will tweet the site :) Alex

Jennifer said...

This is such a cool idea! I love cosmos. I think the cherry sugar is a great idea.

Donna-FFW said...

FABULOUS!!!!!!! Totally freaking fabulous!

Debinhawaii said...

Such a perfect drink for Halloween--great job Kim!
;-)