Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Red Hot

Looking to add a little heat to your cocktails?
Maybe it's cooling down where you live, and winter can't be far off. You're going to need something to snuggle up with to keep warm. Like vodka.

Oh sure, there are lots of flavoured vodkas out there, personally I tend to throw one in the cart whenever we are at the liquor store - but do I ever have the right flavour for whatever recipe has caught my eye? Never.
I must have close to ten, goodness knows how many varieties exist, but I think they just keep coming out with new ones - clearly just to mess with me.
And of course the ones I read about are never the ones I see in the store. (Though that doesn't stop me from throwing another one in the cart..)

Fear not! What's stopping you from flavouring your own vodka from time to time? Like with hot peppers. Three kinds of peppers. To quote that Hilton gal, "That's Hot!".
Okay, I promise never to quote her again. Back to the vodka.

Triple Pepper Vodka

In a mason jar:
2 cups vodka
4 dried long hot peppers
4 dried round hot peppers
1 tsp pink peppercorns
Combine and seal, and let sit in a cool, dark place for 2 months.

4 comments:

Kim said...

I never really thought about flavoring my own vodka before. Sounds fun! Endless possibilities.

Natashya KitchenPuppies said...

Absolutely! There is one called quarante quatre (44) that has an orange studded with 44 coffee beans and has 44 sugar cubes - sounds like a good one for Christmas. (around 1 litre of vodka I guess)

girlichef said...

Do you have any good drink recipes using chile pepper vodka? I have almost a full bottle in the freezer...but I can't find anything that really makes me enjoy it (I'm tryin'...really!!)?

Natashya KitchenPuppies said...

G - I shall work on getting a few recipes together! Hmmm, good weekend project.. hic! ☺