Sunday, August 15, 2010

A Lovely Pear. Cooler.

Pear nectar adds a deep and unusual flavour to cocktails, here it is brightened up with lemon and soda water to make a sparkling and delicious concoction perfect for balcony sipping or to keep you going on vacuuming day. What, you don't drink when you vacuum? Give this drink a try and house-keeping won't seem like such a chore.

A Lovely Pear Cooler

Per drink:
1 oz pear liqueur or Asian pear liqueur
1 oz vodka
Mini bottle of pear nectar - 125mls.
Squeeze of lemon

Shake with ice and pour into a tall glass over ice. Top with soda water and garnish with lemon or pear.

What's your favourite house-cleaning tipple?

3 comments:

girlichef said...

Everclear. KIDDING (ewww). This sounds soooo nummy. I can picture myself in a little maids uniform (double ewww) one hand pushing a vacuum absent-mindedly, the other raising this delightful cocktail to my lips. Yes, I do believe it could make housecleaning bearable ;)

Natashya KitchenPuppies said...

Even better, hand *him* the skimpy uniform and vacuum while you drink! ;-)

Kim said...

You know what....I've got this cleaning business all wrong! All this time I've been drinking diet pepsi while I vacuum. What have I been thinking:)

This sounds like a wonderful light cocktail. I've never tried pear liqueur but I have looked for it in the stores. I bet it is fantastic.