Friday, August 27, 2010

Frozen Mango Margarita

The cooler nights are reminding this Canadian gal that summer will, in fact, end at some point. Oh, I know, there are plenty of hot days left this year, but autumn lurks around the corner and cold toes are on the horizon.
Better keep those summer drinks coming until I need a sweater!
From the archives of Living in the Kitchen with Puppies, Frozen Mango Margarita - enjoy!

Frozen Mango Margarita
2 cups frozen mango pieces
3 oz tequila blanco
Juice of 1 large lime
Simple syrup or agave nectar to taste

Blend all together in a blender until smooth. Garnish with lime wheel.
Makes two polite sized drinks.. or one me-sized drink.

But there's booze in the blender
And soon it will render
That frozen concoction that helps me hang on..
Salud!

5 comments:

girlichef said...

I want to go to Margaritaville. Right now! This is the perfect drink. aaaahhhh. Love that little cactus shot glass. At a local restaurant that I love for margaritas, you can order one that comes with an extra shot of tequila on the side...so that you'll have to call a cab or stumble home by the end of the night ;) YUM!

Natashya KitchenPuppies said...

Nothing makes me happier than a shot on the side! ;-)

Mary said...

This looks delicious. Perfect for the upcoming weekend. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

Kim said...

A pitcher of this mango margarita + some chips and salsa = a perfect night!

Retro Chic Cooking said...

Oh, mercy! It's got to be 5 o'clock somewhere! :)